From 1953 to 1973 excavations were carried out on the large Old Slavic burial place beside the parish church in Kranj, Slovenia. The archeological site opened in 1981, and is placed at the north end of the Gothic parish Church of St. Cantius, Cantianus, Cantianilla, and Protus in Kranj. In an underground area the excavated material can be viewed in chronological order, with photographs and illustrations. Also visible are the masonry foundations of a baptistry or memorial together with the semicircular base of the wall of a round ossuary dating from the late 13th century. Also on view are the remains of a cemetery chapel with a 15th-century tomb that belonged to the Counts Eghk, the owners off Brdo Castle near Kranj, plus a more recent ossuary that contains carefully-stacked layers of skulls and bones of the deceased.